Welcome back to our Blogger Tutorial series. Most of the blogger have good knowledge of SEO. They have used various blogging platform and use different plugin for SEO enhancement. Search Engine Optimization, commonly known as SEO is a method or way or process of effecting the visibility of your website among different Search Engines for better traffic and ranking. There are many paid advertisements among different Search engine but they are not considered part of SEO.
Whatever they do, coming back to our topic, we are talking about Keywords. META description and Keyword are the best approach for search engine. META description show the excerpt of your post or blog while searched. And Keywords are useful to match with the query text from user in search box. Lets illustrate using below graphical presentation.
But if you are using Blogger, there is no plugin for making your blogs SEO better, you have to do it yourself. If this article, I will tell you, how to add META Keywords dynamically according to post in your Blogger blog. You can set static keywords by modifying template code in simple steps but adding dynamic content is somehow tricky.
Dynamic Meta Keywords
Lets move to work. Start with logging into blogger. Points are described step by step.
- Click in Template Link in Left side.
- Click on Backup / Restore button at right corner.
- Click on Download Full Template and save at safe place. In case something goes wrong, you will need this before cursing me.
- Now click in Edit HTML button just below snapshot preview of your blog template.
- Search in Template using CTRL+F and find for keywords.
- If there is already a link containing Meta Keyword, replace its value with below one or if there is no keyword then search for </title> and add below line just below that.
<b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != ""'>
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName + ", " + data:blog.title' name='Keywords'/>
- Save your template.
If you have following all steps I mentioned, congratulation you have successfully set your post title as keyword in Blogger. You can check this by viewing source code in your browser.In our next post in this series, we will be discussing about how to add Labels in Blogger Meta Keyword section dynamically? Till then, keep reading. Do not forget to share or provide feedback.
All the Best.