Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for Windows 10 insiders under Fast Ring update. Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Build 14342 has lot more new here. As few days ago Microsoft Windows team has announced that Edge will support Extensions. Earlier, When Extensions are introduced to Microsoft Edge, they are first downloaded in local disc and then unpacked and loaded with the help of Extension Loader. On this build 14342, Microsoft Edge will now get Extensions from Microsoft Store directly.
One more and very exciting news about Internet Surfer is that Now AdBlock is officially on Microsoft Edge.
Currently Microsoft has published 9 extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge developer store, AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, Page Analyzer, Save to Pocket, Microsoft Translator, Reddit Enhancement Suite, Mouse Gestures, OneNote Web Clipper and Pin It Button.
Visit Microsoft Edge Extension store for Windows 10 Build 14342 by following https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/#available-extensions.
Along with this feature, there are a lot of Updates on previous build. Few of them are below.
- Realtime Notification in Microsoft Edge while using other apps, this is similar feature currently supported in Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox.
- Swipe Navigation in Microsoft Edge while browsing web to navigate back or forward.
- Just like Android, Now your Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Build 14342 will be able to Redirect particular websites to their native apps. This feature is yet to launch while preparing for this, a special setting page has been added to map and get feedback.
- Ubuntu on Bash updates.
- Visual changed for User Account Control dialog.
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
While Microsoft has mentioned in their Blog post that there are some issues with Norton Products and some other apps.