Microsoft has released one more version of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14366 under fast ring. Microsoft is taking Insiders feedback very seriously and working on them on regular basis. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 for PC and Insiders Preview Build 14364 for Mobile has been released same time. Lets see what is new on this build for PC.
What is New in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 for PC
- Office Online for Microsoft Edge: Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway Online without needing Office installed. The Office Online extension is the quickest way to view, edit, create Office files in Microsoft Edge! You can also quickly access your recent files, thanks to integration with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Visit our extensions page at the Microsoft Edge Dev website to learn more and try it out for yourself!
- Windows Store Update: A Store update (Version 11606.1000.43.0) is rolling out today that includes some good performance improvements to prevent the Store from crashing and using up too much resources on your devices. You should see an overall improvement navigating the Store and visiting app pages.
What is new exciting here is Microsoft Edge extension. Latest entry, Office Online is the most useful and must have plugin for specially when Browser is from Microsoft. These extensions are exclusively available for Insider Builds only.
There are lots of bugfixes which Microsoft Windows team has listed on Blog post made on Windows Experience Blog. Also, there are some known bugs which are being fixed. If you are using Windows 10 in main machine, then it is strongly not recommended to install Insider Preview builds on main machine. You can take help of virtualization technology using any of VMWare Player, VirtualVox or Hyper-V.
This build has below functions not working properly (known bugs).
- Project Centennial (Desktop App Converter Preview) not working properly.
- If you click download link on any of browser outside Edge, Edge might open a pop-up tab and close it without doing anything. Temporary solution to this problem is to choose Save As option by right click on link.
- Narrator do not launch when set on via Settings.
See you again in next update. Keep exploring. Keep sharing.